Data privacy is of high importance for HLC and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data. We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected. The personal data collected through the website are processed in accordance with General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) EU 679/2016.
HLC is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law. Helena Lopes Cardoso is the processor of HLC Controlled Data.
ACCESS YOUR DATA
We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside HLC. Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services. HLC will only act as the personal data processor and processes the personal data on our behalf. All personal information you provide us with or that we obtain will be handled by HLC as responsible for the personal information. The personal information you provide can be used to ensure communication and deliveries to you and for the credit assessment. You have the right to inspect the information held about you. You always have the right to request HLC to delete or correct the information held about you. For every specific processing of personal data we collect from you we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is statutory or required to enter a contract and whether it is an obligation to provide the personal data and possible consequences if you choose not to.
Social networks are part of the daily life of many internet users and for this purpose different HLC profiles have been created in them. All users have the opportunity to join the pages or groups that HLC has in different social networks. However, it must be taken into account that, unless we request your information directly (for example, through marketing actions, competitions, promotions, or any other valid form), your data will belong to the corresponding social network. Therefore, it is recommended that you carefully read its conditions of use and privacy policies and ensure that you configure your preferences regarding the processing of data.
- Right to access: You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact HLC that will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
- Right to portability: Whenever HLC process your personal data by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if they are incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. If you have a HLC account you can edit your personal data under your account pages.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to erase any personal data processed by HLC at any time except for the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service;
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped;
- you have an unsettled debt with HLC, regardless of the payment method;
- you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for bookkeeping rules.
- Right to object to processing based on legitimate interest: You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on HLC legitimate interest. HLC will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
- Right to object to direct marketing: You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
- following the instruction in each marketing mails
- by editing the settings of your HLC account.
- Right to restriction: You have the right to request that HLC restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- if you object to a processing based HLC legitimate interest, HLC shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- if you have claim that your personal data is incorrect, HLC must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead.
- if HLC no longer needs the personal data but it is required for your to make of defending legal claims.
EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
We take data protection very seriously and therefore we have dedicated customer service personnel who handles your requests in relation to your rights stated above. You can always reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATES TO YOUR PRIVACY NOTES
We may need to update our Privacy Notice. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website. We will communicate any material changes to the Privacy Notice, for example the purpose of why we use your personal data, the identity of the Controller or your rights.
To use HLC without troubles you need to have cookies enabled.The second type of cookie saves a file permanently on your computer. This type of cookie is used to track how visitors move around on the website. This is only used to offer visitors better services and support. The text files can be deleted. On HLC we use this type of cookie to keep track of your shopping cart and to keep statistics of our visitors. The information stored on your computer is only a unique number, without any connection to personal information.
HLC is not responsible for the contents of websites referenced on its corporate website pages for informational purposes only and assumes no liability for any termination or modification of the activities of such websites, for any claims or disputes directly or indirectly related to the contents of such websites or for any damages that may thereby result.
If you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal data, please contact us through:
- Email that must be sent to the address email@example.com;
- Website contact forms;
- Post, addressed to
Praça do Príncipe Real, 26 1250-184 Lisboa